The follow list was compiled mostly by fuck_all_mods and -SPIRITUAL-GANGSTER- on reddit, documenting all the wrongs that the US government is currently engaged in. And you wonder why I’m a voluntaryist? Please.
- We have intelligence services growing into a technological capacity that eclipse their very governments.
- We have been waging war on drugs for nearly 30 years spanning nearly 15 countries with 120,000+ people killed and countless more missing or injured.
- We worry about ‘terrorists’ some 3000 miles away, while cartels behead people with chainsaws right across our very own borders.
- We see near autonomous vehicles scan the skies 24 hours a day in third world countries where children dream of drones and mothers sew blankets with images of them on it.
- We’ve seen our commander and chief redefine the definition of what it means to be a soldier so we can blow up a wedding or birthday party in order to kill a single individual who will easily and willingly be replaced by 12 others.
- We enjoy the miracle of flight, by forcing ourselves to stand prone and scanned from head to toe to view our naked bodies, before we have one of our many national identification cards stamped and logged of our travel plans.
- We have corporations that have completely bridled the elective process with money literally being defined as speech, including witness the American tax-payer hand over nearly a trillion dollars.
- These are dystopian dictatorships that have more power and wealth then any king or monarch in history could even fathom.
- We have a tax system so convoluted, so massively complicated that these very corporations can get away with the government paying them taxes.
- A system where the rich pay to find and exploit the loopholes. We live in a world where the top 1% controls more wealth then the lower 50% combined.
- We have black sites being operated and maintained on American soil where citizens are no longer read their Miranda rights and not a single major media outlet batted an eye.
- Every phone call, every email, every text message sent, every keystroke made is logged and an army of tech savvy mathematicians and scientists comb over them to detect single instances of violence, or to take the pulse of civil disobedience in the nation.
- We’ve seen a single family fund, organize, and execute 2000 Americans by flying our own planes into the symbol of our financial center without a single iota of justice served, yet a plethora of atrocities in its place all while they are embraced in our bosom as faithful allies.
- We’ve seen a nation wide movement against the banks and income inequality turn up in dozens of major US cities, only to have it violently crushed under the guise of sanitation and ‘not being able to get to work’.
- We spend nearly half of our entire budget on military defense to fight enemies who use cell-phone detonation, 50 year old rifles and crock-pots to fight us.
- While our roads, bridges, electric grid, ports and communication networks are rotting and amassing an aging problem so monumental it will take centuries to repair.
- We’ve seen an entire generation of children shackled to the banks through an education system forced upon them under the threat of being successful.
- With little promises and scant results all while being forced to pay into a safety net of social security that they will never see.
- We have seen the size of the government grow every year for decades with no end in sight.
- While our ‘elected’ leaders are hand picked by elites of business to have their makeup perfected and suits ironed to speak to us about fringe off topic emotional issues that distract us from the fucking circus that is this country.
- Our government maintains its ability to assassinate its citizens without a trial.
- Our government unapologetically tortures folks via waterboarding, hypothermia, sexual abuse and rectal feeding.
- This administration criminalizes the truth, trying whistleblowers under the Espionage Act more than all other administrations combined.
- We spent a decade building a security and surveillance apparatus to fight Al Qaeda and The War on Terror, only to have the CIA hand those very same terrorists millions of dollars in cash.
Other contributors are noted in the first link in my introduction at the top. Amazing.