Nobody asked but …
Friends and I meet monthly, and we call ourselves, informally, the logic group. The inevitable question came up but what do you do about it? I begin to make a mental list of things I do:
- I continue to parent my two daughters, although they both near their mid-century. I am still their father. They hold special places in my heart.
- I grandparent my eight grandchildren. The oldest will be thirty soon. It’s more easy to do. Not being forced to parent makes our relationships voluntary, and I stress voluntary ideas with them.
- I have two great-grandchildren. I am still trying to understand this relationship.
- I live on a farm with 10 rescued animals, two horses, four dogs, and four cats.
- I blog and write columns at Everything-Voluntary.com.
- I author and maintain a Facebook group, “Another 2000+ Libertarian Quotes.”
- I facilitate a Facebook page, Libertarian Podcast Exchange.
- I am a voluntary participant in a study on aging at the local university.
- I hold learning sessions on critical thinking and computer literacy.
- I organize a group of people who discuss philosophy once a week.
- I read.
- I study.
- I am a voluntaryist.
- I am an individualist.
- I am the only me in the multiverse.
— Kilgore Forelle