National press and media are complaining today, in a bunch of coordinated editorials, about being thought of (or rather exposed) as the enemies of the people.
Is it a truthful accusation?
Well, here are just a few examples of times they have been the enemies of the people:
- When they helped Bush 2 promote the “weapons of mass destruction” lie and got a lot of people killed.
- When they did everything they could to push Hilary Clinton on the v*ters.
- Every time they use the words “gun violence”, “common sense gun laws”, “reasonable restrictions”, “assault rifle”, or any of the other terms which make anti-gun bigotry seem mainstream.
- When they promote the words of government extremists (Paul Krugman comes immediately to mind) as if they are reasonable people who have something of value to contribute to “public discourse”.
- When they encourage support or pay raises for government employees.
- Any and every time they push a “tax” increase, for any reason.
- Every time they breathlessly promote socialized health care or “Universal Basic Income”.
And there are so many more.
These are times they did things harmful to life, liberty, and property.
So, yeah. The national press (and similar media) are the enemies of the people. Enemies of individual rights and liberty. Their whining just shows how out of touch they truly are.
But they could change.
If they would start reporting the news, without a political slant, they could stop being the enemy of the people.
If they could leave their wish to enslave us all at home, instead of bringing it to work and putting it in the pages of their papers, they could stop being the enemy of the people.
If they would stop trying so hard to create death and destruction to give their news “color”, they could stop being the enemy of the people.
Report what happened, don’t analyze it, and leave the editorializing on the opinion page. And stop being the enemies of the people, and maybe people will stop thinking of you that way.