Written by Rudd-O.
As part of my process of self-discovery, I’ve outlined ten principles that are important to me, and the reasons why they are important:
- Consent / nonaggression, because nonconsensual actions (aggression) are evil.
- Loyalty, because disloyal people have caused me a lot of pain.
- Truth, because living a lie hurts sooner or later.
- Pay yourself first, because you can’t properly help others until you yourself are okay, and for that you need to help yourself first.
- Joy, because a life without joy is depressing.
- Virtue, because living a life of vice is destructive and causes pain.
- Effort, because easy things may be pleasant, but everything in life worth attaining requires effort.
- Perseverance, because life sometimes throws challenges at you that will demoralize you, and if you let that happen instead of persevering, good opportunities will extinguish themselves.
- Learning, because the more you know, the better prepared you are to attain what you want in life.
- Integrity, because a life of integrity gives you the most powerful reason to be proud of yourself: you choose to do the right thing, with probity, honesty, rectitude and decency.
What are yours?
Originally published at Rudd-O.com.