22 of the Most Important Things I’ve Learned in 22 Years
I’ve received and experienced a lot of good advice in 22 years of life. This isn’t everything, but it’s a good look at some of the lessons that have been important for me in getting to where I am today.
1. Telling the truth is the hardest and best thing you will ever do.
2. People are better off free. You are already completely free. Live like it.
3. Everyone is creative. Everyone is interesting.
4. Evil is impotent. The good is rooted in reality, and reality always wins.
5. Those hero stories are about you, too. Everyone has the potential to be heroic.
8. Don’t worry about being well-rounded. You don’t know what you need to be yet. Trust your curiosity to round you out for the right time and the right purpose.
12. “Always go first” – take on the first risk, make the first engagement, ask the first question. Go alone if you must. People will follow.
15. Both sides are wrong. Both sides have something important to say. And most dichotomies are false.
18. Create value wherever you go. Life is made of trade, and trade is made of value.
19. Do what makes you come alive. Do it and don’t give a damn about anyone else.
21. If you act with courage, truth, and justice, all things work together for good.
22. Love is the most powerful creative force in the world. It will make you better. It will make your life better. And it will make the world better.